How often is replacement needed?
- Inspection of tires is recommended at each regular service visit.
Indicators replacement may be needed:
- Current tread level is at the wear indicators
- Cuts, tears, bubbles, cracking, or uneven treadwear
- Age of the tires (DOT number)
- Poor ride quality
Why is it important?
- Worn tires have an adverse effect on acceleration, braking, and cornering of vehicle
- New tires drastically improve stopping distance
- See illustration below for stopping distance comparison